Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bought Dulux Paintpod - but it does not pump the paint. Help!?

The manual says check the battery (which is OK) the pump does make a sound but no paint comes out. No kinks in the tube either. Has anyone else had this problem?Bought Dulux Paintpod - but it does not pump the paint. Help!?
My husband has just taken one back to Homebase this morning, it did exactly the same thing, there was a noise but no paint was pumped through.


I have checked online and it seems this is a very common problem.





Edit


He changed it for a different one and it worked straight away.


Take your one back to the place you bought it.Bought Dulux Paintpod - but it does not pump the paint. Help!?
In the end after trying six different ones we gave up and got the room decorated in under an hour using a cheap and cheerful roller :-)

Report Abuse



Your paint is probably just too thick to pump. Thin it down some and it should work. I think if it's not oil based you should be able to add a little water and keep mixing till you get it thin enough. From what I could tell when I did it, you don't really change the color that much and I probably added about 2 or 3 cups of water to a gallon of paint but it definitely helped the flow rate so it would pump.
I wish this was an answer - but the same thing happened to me today - my brand new machine has an engine sound but no paint is pumped to the tube - none at all. Is this a common problem? Have others had this happen or are we the only two in the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment