Thursday, February 11, 2010

How is the quality of Dulux (ICI) Paint?

My painter wants to use Dulux (ICI) paint instead of Behr Premium which I recommended. Can someone comment on the quality in comparison?How is the quality of Dulux (ICI) Paint?
Yes, Dulux is a quality paint and the reason is that your painter probably has an account set up with the Dulux store near you. If you want one paint over another it would be best if you demand that your painting be done with what you want. Another thing to remember is that the quality and color may be the same but the price will most likely be higher for the Behr as the painter has to pay for it out of his pocket before painting. ICI will let him hold payment for 15 to 30 days. Plenty of time for him to complete the job and pay them.





I work with several paint and stain lines at my job and although ICI is not a customer Behr is. I still have used both products in a factory setting with a spray booth and both work fine. As far as the odor Behr is greatly lower.How is the quality of Dulux (ICI) Paint?
Dulux paint is very comparable to Behr. However, I am more partial to Behr because there is very low odor, pricing is better and the quality is great. Behr now has a paint and primer mix (all in one can) Dulux does not offer that. The painter can make suggestions but at the end of the day you are the client and it is your money. I would insist on the product that I want and if the painter doesn't agree then hire a new painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment